Our instrumental music
Learn, Create, Perform
Beginning Band & Concert Band
Students will develop beginning and intermediate instrumental music skills including the fundamentals of performing in an ensemble in a welcoming and engaging environment.
Music Class Activities
– 2 school musicals each year
– Orff and Recorder instruction at the elementary level
– Music Appreciation
– Music and worldview studies at the jr high level
– Musical concepts and vocabulary development
– Guided visual, audio and kinesthetic instruction
– Integration of biblical principles
– Opportunities to use God-given talents in creative ways for the Lord
Students can either provide a functional band instrument of their own or will receive information about options to rent or purchase an instrument from a nearby instrument provider. Consistent practice on the instrument is key to success in band. We will prepare Christmas and Spring concerts outside of the school day. We encourage families and friends to attend.
Beginning in fourth grade, students are invited to participate in band.